BASF has introduced two new cotton seed treatment packages, Core and Prime, that include fungicides as well as Copeo Seed Treatment nematicide. The packages are commercially available on all FiberMax and Stoneville seed varieties through local BASF-authorized cottonseed sub-agents for the 2021 cotton growing season, according to a news release.
Harnessing the power of F500 and Xemium fungicides, Prime seed treatment provides growers with maximum protection of their seed investment and contributes to rapid emergence, improved vigor and healthier plants in tough planting conditions, according to the release.
F500 is the brand name for the active ingredient, pyraclostrobin. Xemium is the brand name for the active ingredient, fluxapyroxad. Copeo Seed Treatment nematicide contains the active ingredient, fluopyram.
● Protects against key early season seed and seedling diseases such as Rhizoctonia solani, Pythium, Fusarium and Thielavioposis basicola.
● Defends against damage caused by early season insects, including thrips and aphids.
● Protects cotton roots from economically significant nematodes, including reniform and root-knot nematodes, enabling increased growth, vigor and higher yield potential.
Similar to Prime seed treatment, Core seed treatment also includes F500 fungicide to provide growers with baseline protection from key early season diseases, such as:
● Rhizoctonia solani, Pythium, Fusarium and Thielavioposis basicola.
● Protects cotton roots from economically significant nematodes, including reniform and root-knot nematodes.