Precision Planting plans to hold its annual winter conference for farmers Jan. 19-22. Sessions, which are planned for 28 locations across 15 states, will repeat daily. Social distancing and other health and safety measures for all in-person attendees will follow local local and state guidelines.
Three are planned for the South and Mid-South — Amarillo and Denton, Texas, and Starkville, Mississippi.
This year’s theme is, “Build Your Picket Fence Stand.” Through a combination of in-person and video sessions and demonstrations, Precision Planting plans to share new agronomic information, real-world research and trial results, new product announcements and local expertise to help growers build their ideal or “picket fence” crop stand.
• 8 a.m. local time: Onsite location check-in begins; light breakfast with coffee and doughnuts.
• 9 a.m. local time: Sessions begin and continue through the afternoon; includes brief breaks; lunch will be provided.
• 3:15 p.m. local time: Final session concludes
• Clearing the Path to Better Emergence: How Residue Management Impacts Crop Emergence.
• Seeing is Believing: See How Sensors Support Your Day-of-Planting Decisions.
• The Easy Button: Get the Lowdown on DownForce Control.
• Depth from the Driver’s Seat: Strategies to Optimize Seed Depth on the Fly.
• Simple Seed Placement: Seed Placement Strategist that Deliver.
• Next-Level Nutrient Management: The Latest in Planter-Applied Fertility.
• The Closer: Planter Closing Systems for Every Environment.