Lubbock, Texas-based Americot Inc. recently added six members to its research and breeding and customer service teams. They are Cade Holliday, Southeast Region; Chase Samples, Research & Breeding; Deakin Stokes, South Plains Region; Jarrod David, Northern Plains Region; and Joel Webb and Victoria Orman, Rolling Plains Region.
• Cade Holliday earned a bachelor of science degree in ag food and resource economists from the University of Florida in 2009. He followed with an MBA in 2011 from Marshall University.
He has since worked for Agri-Technologies as a consultant in eastern North Carolina and South Carolina. He helped growers with managing and scouting various row crops and vegetables, with a focus on cotton. In 2013, Holliday helped launch and manage all operations for a start-up produce company, including nationwide produce sourcing and multi-state customer distribution.
From there, he joined Bayer Crop Science in a sales role, working eastern North Carolina where he has spent the last three years. Holliday joins Americot as a sales representative, residing in Raleigh, North Carolina, supporting growers and customers in the same area.
• Chase Samples grew up on a family farm in Ashland, Mississippi. He graduated from the University of Tennessee at Martin, earning a bachelor of science degree in ag engineering with a concentration in precision agriculture. He later received a his masters of science in agronomy with a minor in entomology from Mississippi State University. Samples is currently finishing his Ph.D. in agronomy under Dr. Darrin Dodds, serving as his Extension associate for the past several growing seasons.
Samples joins Americot as a research and germplasm specialist and will work closely with the research team across the Cotton Belt as well as support the Mid-South sales team.
• Deakin Stokes graduated from Angelo State University in 2017, earning a bachelor of arts in communications with a minor in mass media. He grew up farming with his father in Dawson County as well as the surrounding counties of Martin and Lynn.
Now returning to agriculture after college, Stokes joins Americot as a sales representative, serving growers and customers in the South Plains Region. He is based in Lubbock, Texas.
• Jarrod David has been involved in agriculture all his life and earned a bachelor of science degree in agricultural and consumer sciences from Tarleton State University in 2014. Based out of Vernon, Texas, David joins the Northern
Plains team as a sales representative, serving customers and growers there and into Oklahoma.
• Joel Webb joins the Rolling Plains Region as a sales representative. Before that, he was employed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension as the integrated pest management agent for Runnels, Tom Green, and Concho counties, Texas.
He also worked as a research associate for the Weed Science and Cropping Systems Department at Texas A&M AgriLife Research. Based in San Angelo, Texas, Webb will support customers and growers in that area.
• Victoria Orman joins Americot from Sanders, where she was the location operations manager in Roscoe, Texas. Orman will be supporting growers and customers in the San Angelo, Texas area, as a sales representative in the Rolling Plains Region.